Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Struggle for Today

     Okay, so here I am, trying to start a blog again. I am always wanting to type my thoughts and put them in a blog, but usually end up getting too busy to follow through. Hopefully I can make this my first successful blog. I have so much I want to tell about and even more that I need to say. I am praying that God can use me and this blog to spread his own thoughts, ideas, and words, not just the ones that are my own.
     Last week we started a new series in 180 called scarred. The teaching was spot on, but not what we all wanted to hear. Every time that someone pushes in I have the tendency to want to back out, because honestly, the topic hurts and is not enjoyable to recall. This time I tried to look at this series with an open heart. I think it has had amazing results so far. It has also helped immensely that I have someone who I can talk openly to about all of my past scars and problems. I have learned that even though it seems like I am the only one who goes through struggles, but God's word shows that's not the truth.
   In  1 Peter 4:12-13 it shows me that all Christian WILL have trials and troubles in our lives, and that I should not be surprised when it happens. I can find peace by knowing that even though I face some struggles, Jesus has faced them all and has conquered every single one. (John 16:33). This point was made even more concrete into my brain when it appeared in my examen.me reading for today. By the way if you don't use this service, you totally should.
     So this really all came together for me when Duey gave his message this morning. One of his main points was about living for today. Upon first hearing that the obvious thing to think is of course I'm living for today, how could I not be? Then I started to think deeper, and he's right. We usually aren't living for today, but instead a distant time in the future. What would happen if we all just stopped, and took advantage of what the Lord wants us to do today? Multitudes of thing could be done as he wants, and not when we feel that we have time.
     This is especially true of me. I am pushing away my problems into further days, saying when this happens I'll deal with it. I'll finally start my devotions once my schedule clears up. When the truth actually is I need to make a conscious effort to carve out time for God. I should never put Him second to my life. I mean He's the reason I'm here!
     So I am choosing to live for today. Even though it may be a struggle I know that it will pay off. I don't expect this to be easy. The devil will try to position road blocks in my way, but I will fight back with the truth that God has placed on my heart. I can't wait for tomorrow, because the time is now.

Hosea 10:12
I said 'Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. 
Plow up the hard ground of your hearts,
for now is the time to seek the lord, 
that he may come up and shower righteousness upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment